Thursday, March 15, 2012

Darkness Before Dawn

There was nothing that I didn't like about this book. I was pretty sure I was going enjoy another of Sharon M. Draper's book. The previous books have been good but this book was great. It had a lot of suspense and shocking moments. I really enjoyed how the main character Keisha at the end of the story seems to be more stronger than before. Stronger as in emotionally stronger, she had been threw a lot and at the end she sure was someone that you could look up to. One of the things that i really enjoyed is that Jonathon a student teacher was added to make things even better. His character was perfect for the story. He was good looking, smart and knew how to make a girl feel like a women, which is exactly what Keisha thought she was, a women. I didn't like the character himself but I did like the action, and "romance" he brought into the book? I also really liked how one of the conflicts was hidden. I had no clue that Jonathan was going to try to rape Keisha and had previously raped several other girls. One of the clues that was given was when Keisha's friend told her to be careful because someone so perfect like Jonathan would be likely to have a secret. I never really got into that but it was a total shocker what Jonathan's real intentions were.

No comments:

Post a Comment